In dieser Lektion
Can Do Statements
General ACTFL Can-Do Statements for Intermediate Low
- I can identify the main idea in short conversations.
- I can request and provide information in conversations on familiar topics by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- I can interact with others to meet my basic needs in familiar situations by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- I can express, ask about, and react with some details to preferences, feelings, or opinions on familiar topics, by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- I can compare and contrast different types of living situations and discuss the pros and cons of such living situations.
- I can read and write about basic housing costs as well as basic housing renovation.
- I can read ads about housing and write a letter asking for additional information about the housing situation.
- I can write and understand descriptions of why people move from one place to another.
- I can write a description of my own move from one housing situation to another.
- I can discuss and understand a description of some of the basic features of a city or rural location.
- I can describe my own living situation and location, as well as that of others (family and friends).
- I can express my own housing preferences, as well as discuss what types of people I would like to live with.
- I can discuss the steps of moving from one living situation to another.
- I can participate in a conversation about how well I know my current place of residence and my neighbors.
- I have a general understanding of the term Heimat and its cultural connotations.
- I can identify a Wohngemeinschaft and I understand some of the common advantages and disadvantages of this type of living situation.
- I understand some of the cultural customs of moving and (housing) mobility in Germany and Austria.
Work with Pictures
The following slideshow provides a visual overview of this Einheit. The photos are meant as prompts for speaking and writing activities or assessment.