In dieser Lektion
General ACTFL Can-Do Statements for Intermediate Low
- I can identify the main idea in short conversations.
- I can request and provide information in conversations on familiar topics by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- I can interact with others to meet my basic needs in familiar situations by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- I can express, ask about, and react with some details to preferences, feelings, or opinions on familiar topics, by creating simple sentences and asking appropriate follow-up questions.
- I can write an email or letter to a friend describing my housing and asking appropriate questions about their own.
- I can write and understand email communications to rent an apartment or vacation home.
- I can write and read an inventory of furniture and indicate what I have and what I still need.
- I can understand and summarize simple statistics comparing home ownership in different countries.
- I can use a mapping app to figure out the distance to various locations in the neighborhood.
- I can follow a simple description of a room and of where furniture is located or place.
- I can follow and participate in a simple discussion of living situations and living preferences. (I can interact to share ideas about where I would prefer to live and why.)
- I can follow simple directions of how to get somewhere in the neighborhood.
- I can follow simple explanations of the steps of a cleaning process.
- I can understand and describe different apartment/house layouts and answer/pose follow-up questions.
- I can identify some regional linguistic variations.
- I have a general understanding about how some cultural practices shape linguistic expression.
Fatih zieht in eine neue Wohnung ein. Was macht xier?
Work with Pictures
Students sketch the layout of their room or apartment. Collect the sketches and then use them as prompts. Students could describe one room, or have a collection of rooms and work in partners to describe one of the rooms while the other student figures out which one it is.
The following slideshow provides a visual overview of this Einheit. The photos are meant as prompts for speaking and writing activities or assessment.